[vb_main_1]

2010 BOM in 2011

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 BOM in 2011

I was wondering...is any one going to start the 2010 BOM, "Hugs & Kisses" in January?
    I was all excited to start 2011's "Ruffled Roses"; looking forward to being part of the group, seeing every one's show & tell photos and following the forum topics. "Ruffled Roses" was going to be my first BOM. But "Hugs & Kisses" is calling to me. I want to make it in bright and happy polka dots, checks and florals. And I feel I have to make that one. So...I was wondering...will there be any one else out there starting "Hugs & Kisses"? I sure would like some company along the way.
    Jenny in Oz

I am not planning to make it but I think if you want to, you should download all the instructions now because I think the intructions are removed from the website at the end of the year. Margo will know for sure.

Nan

Comment

Hi Barbara, I haven't made much progress on my Hugs & Kisses -- I'm still on the January block, which I really hope to have done before the end of the year. I'm making two -- one for each granddaughter -- in different colorways. So, yes, I'll be doing that one (as well as Ruffled Roses) in 2011. So we can be traveling companions And Nan is right, be sure to download all the patterns before the end of this year!
      Robin

Comment

Absolutely! Be sure to download the directions before December 31. After that, the pattern will not be available on TQS.

BTW....I don't know about the Hugs & Kisses pattern, but I do know that our 2009 BOM, Stars for a New Day, is now being offered on the Quakertown Quilts web site for $78!!! http://www.quakertownquilts.com/patt...raNewDay.shtml

TQS membership is such a deal!!!

Be sure to check out the BOM Show & Tell photos for encouragement and inspiration!
        see-quilts/show-and-tell-quilts/

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Robin...that's great news! I'll have some company. Did I read that right? You're making three BOM's? WOW!
          Nan and Margo...that you for the reminder to download the patterns and instructions before the end of the year. I'll get that done.
          Now back to finishing the applique on my great niece, Kelsey's first Christmas quilt...

Comment

Actually, Barbara, come the new year, I'll be making 4 BOMs -- I have all my fabric for Star Crazy, too. I also hope in December to actually get started on that one, too. It would be nice to at least have January 2010 done before I start January 2011 ... Anyhow, we can certainly share the Hugs & Kisses journey together. Your fabrics sound great for it!

Comment

Originally posted by RGold
              Actually, Barbara, come the new year, I'll be making 4 BOMs -- I have all my fabric for Star Crazy, too. I also hope in December to actually get started on that one, too. It would be nice to at least have January 2010 done before I start January 2011 ... Anyhow, we can certainly share the Hugs & Kisses journey together. Your fabrics sound great for it!
              So, Robin :wink: are you planning on getting some sleep sometime next year at all? 4 BOMs!!! Holy cow! I struggle with one! :mrgreen:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Eileen, I'm just determined. Every year, I say "this is going to be my quilting year," and every year too many things get in the way (like paying work -- definitely a mixed blessing), so I figure if I say on the Forum I'm going to do more actual quilting this coming year, maybe it will really happen. I did attend a lot of quilting-related events this year -- Ricky's SuperSeminar in June, taping of TQS in August, and Houston earlier this month, plus attending and helping out with one local and one regional quilt show -- but I didn't actually finish a lot of projects, so this coming year is going to be actually quilting. I really want to have something to enter in the Ogallala Society quilt show in April because I missed the deadline for our local show in October ...

Comment

Robin...You really sound determined, and a deadline is always good. Do you want to have one quilt done for the quilt show?
                  Well, I'm looking forward to our year of quilting along side you. I have a few more blocks to piece to for one quilt I have started, and then I want to add an applique border. Then there is a pieced quilt I want to start and of course the "Hugs & Kisses" and that I will needle turn. As long as one quilt is machine pieced and one is hand done I feel can do it. But, not till after the holidays. I have two First Christmas quilts to get done. These are for two great nieces that were born a day apart in August.
                  Have a Happy Thanksgiving Robin!

Comment

Oh good, Barbara, I'm doing needle-turn on my Hugs & Kisses quilts, too! We really will be working together -- how fun! Good luck with your Christmas quilts!

Comment

The intros are now re-posted! Bob ROCKS!

Comment

Okay, Robin - I am thinking maybe you should be called stir crazy - 4 BOM's! Oh my goodness! lol And Barbara, I've been downloading Hugs & Kisses all year so may start on it next year. I think it is a gorgeous quilt and I am working on getting better at needle turn applique. So one of these days I just might get started. My problem right now is that I am living in an RV until Spring and all my fabric is at home. For both Hugs & Kisses and the 2011 BOM, I wish I had access to my stash.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaGramma
                          Okay, Robin - I am thinking maybe you should be called stir crazy - 4 BOM's! Oh my goodness! lol And Barbara, I've been downloading Hugs & Kisses all year so may start on it next year. I think it is a gorgeous quilt and I am working on getting better at needle turn applique. So one of these days I just might get started. My problem right now is that I am living in an RV until Spring and all my fabric is at home. For both Hugs & Kisses and the 2011 BOM, I wish I had access to my stash.
                          I'll bet your house-sitter could send it to you!!

Comment

lol - Or maybe I could just ask them if I could come home for a visit

Comment

Or, it's always an excuse to buy more fabric :wink: ! Yes, Sherry, I probably am crazy, but still, I want so much to actually work with the group for this BOM -- I wanted to last year, too, but work and life got in the way. So, I'm trying to be more focused on quilting this year. I'm hoping that by telling everyone I'm doing this, I'll find a way ...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 73 users online. 0 members and 73 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X