[vb_main_1]

Your Favorite Hugs & Kisses Block

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Hugs & Kisses Block

Just out of curiosity, which is your favorite H&K block from Jan. to June? Which block are you looking forward to sewing?
    Mine? April and October. I guess I like Hugs...at least in applique :lol:

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Libbi, I love the way yours are looking! When you do the applique on your embroidery machine like that, how many times are you having to re-hoop the block?

I don't have a favorite month. They are all pretty similar, but since I completed my top last year when Sue did hers, my favorite part was the swag border! Luv it!

BTW....You will notice that mine is different from Sue's original design. Because I changed my sashing width from Sue's 4" with the flower cornerstones to a 3" pieced sashing with 9-patch cornerstones, I had to change the size of my sashing appliqués so they would fit. Also, the way I pieced my sashing strips makes the whole top look more "chunky" than Sue's. Hers looks much more delicate! But I promise you that all of my blocks are done exactly by her patterns! Interesting, huh!
    My quilt is somewhat smaller than Sue's because of those changes.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Since I have the jumbo hoop on the 830, I do 2 hoopings. I create my own registration marks rather than have V6 multihoop process do the division and registration marks. I almost gave up on applique because of my hands but now I have a renewed interest in machine applique and applique in the hoop.

I did notice that you altered Sue's design and I really liked your take on it. I also love your color choices. You do such great work.

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 55 users online. 0 members and 55 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X