[vb_main_1]

Becky Goldsmith

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becky Goldsmith

Hey Everyone - I just screened the next show with Becky Goldsmith (611) - it is a MUST see. She has excellent information that pertains to the BOM Hugs and Kisses

Maybe it's a good thing that I haven't started this BOM yet.

Comment

Whilst waiting for 611, we should all watch your new lessons about appliqué, Alex. Can't wait to find out all about stems.

Lorchen
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Hi Nancy, I'm glad I'm not the only one! But now I have a reason for not having started yet. I have my fabric, I just need TIME!! Robin

Comment

Alex, you're a tease! However, I'm really enjoying your applique lessons.

From Dorset, England

Comment

I took a class at a LQS with Becky several years ago. Such a nice, real down to earth lady. I'll bet it was great having her on set. I still use the POC method of applique.
            eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by RGold
              Hi Nancy, I'm glad I'm not the only one! But now I have a reason for not having started yet. I have my fabric, I just need TIME!! Robin
              Hi Robin,

I'm not allowing myself to start any new quilt projects until I finish the ones that I've already started. It's been a real challenge to resist the temptation, because there is inspiration everywhere. I recently found a free Floribunda BOM applique pattern at http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-pi...-of-the-month/ that is just irresistable. It's so lovely that I had to share. It's definitely on my quilts "To Do" list and I'm not an experienced appliquer.

So far, my list has just been in my head, but it's getting so long now that I'm going to have to write it down and prioritize the items on the list.

Comment

Hi Nancy, you're much more disciplined than I am. I can't resist new projects because I can't seem to turn off the part of my brain that keeps coming up with new ideas. I am trying, however, to finish two for every one I start. Except that I do want to do both BOMs for this year, and even though I'm starting late on those, I'd like to actually do them this year. I've been downloading the Floribunda patterns -- you're right, they're wonderful! But I do have those parked until I catch up on other projects. Then there's the Hoffman challenge -- when I saw that fabric, the design just sprang into my mind. I hope I can get that done in time, but it may go into the local show in October instead -- I'm trying to get my hand quilting skills up enough to do the job I want on that one, so that means working on a couple of lesser-important quilts ... How's that for rationale? And this week, I got the challenge fabric for the show here in October, so ... Robin

Comment

Nancy,
                  I've been downloading the Floribunda blocks too! In fact I've started to cut out my templates. I bought some luscious batiks at MQX that will be perfect with the hand dyes I bought from Ricky and have been saving for a special project. :wink:

Robin,
                  Great idea for finishing UFOs! Keep us posted on the hand quilting-I haven't done it in years. The hand applique does the job of soothing for me.

I've got Hugs and Kisses saved in my computer too. I'm going to watch Alex's classes and watch Becky's demo.

So many quilts, so little time! :cry:

eileenkny

Comment

I am doing both the Hugs and Kisses and Florabunda BOM's I posted my first five Hugs and Kisses in the Show and Tell BOM section and showed my Florabunda in one of my blogs if you want to look at them. I am doing them in Ricky's hand dyed fabric and I love them. Can't wait for the next month's blocks. Hugs, Ann

Comment

Ann,
                      What blog did you post the Floribunda blocks in? I'd love to see them! Did you post them on Erin's flick'r site? She set it up for this quilt.
                      eileenkny

Comment

I posted my Florabunda blocks in my "TQS member blog" of 5/10/10 titled block of the month blocks. Hugs, Ann

Comment

Ann,
                          The Floribunda blocks are great! I love the way you used the decorative stitching for the skinny stems!! Your H&K blocks are gorgeous too.
                          eileenkny

Comment

I think that the original BOMETTES will remember that in my first TQS BOM tutorials for the Bouquets for a New Day quilt, I used a lot of Becky's great techniques and tips! They really work!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562185015aGQwDk

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo,
                              Your applique is out of this world!! Do you do it ALL with needleturn?
                              eileenkny

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X