[vb_main_1]

How do I get perfect little circles?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get perfect little circles?

I'm good with all of the larger circles, but can't seem to get the little ones (size of a quarter) to look symmetric. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?
    I've made over 20 of them and only have 3 that look good. I've tried varying methods.
    Thanks,
    Susan

Hi Susan, have you tried the method where you use a template (plastic or even freezer paper), cut the fabric 1/4 inch larger than the template, run a basting stitch within the 1/4, pull that up around the template and press (or starch and press), then pull the template out, leaving the basting thread, which won't show? If you have, you might try taking smaller basting stitches. Hope that helps! Best wishes, Robin

Comment

Susan, you might try the method I demonstrate on my tutorial from the first TQS BOM. You can link to it here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562226682AhrBWS

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

you can try as well by sharon schamber site. she shows a very nice method from a circle from a perferator till a large one.
        good luck

Comment

I did try the template method again, with smaller stitches. It's better but not perfect yet.
          I'm going to try these other methods this morning. Thanks for all of your help and ideas.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help with my circles. I did finally get some good ones using a template and stabilizer combined.

Comment

The Quilt Store has a package of mylar circles that make perfect circles when used. They come in all sizes and are only $15. I highly recommend them.

Comment

If you are making these tiny circles by hand, you really need to watch show #301 with Liuxin Newman. You won't believe the size of the circle she demonstrates!! :shock:

http://watch/watch-shows/video/show-...-at-its-finest

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X