[vb_main_1]

AFTERNOON DELIGHT—the Wrap Up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFTERNOON DELIGHT—the Wrap Up

We have come to the end on another great Block of the Month quilt. See a lovely edge-to-edge quilting design—this quilt does not need fancy custom quilting, unless you want to invest that kind of time.

Post your finished tops/quilts here for all to admire.

And DON’T FORGET to save the patterns NOW—they will go away after December 31, 2020 and you will have to purchase any of them you need from the designer’s website.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2020/12/afternoon-delight-wrap-up.html

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

I can’t believe I have this almost done. I am pleased with the finished quilt although if I were to do it again I would have back stitched on those nine patches as they started coming apart! Enjoyed everyone’s post an d sad to see it finished in some respects

Comment

ConstanceGail, I am curious--what size stitch length did you piece the Double 9 patches with?

With tiny blocks like these that have so many seams it would be best to reduce the normal piecing length, about 1.75 might be better than my usual 2.0. I, too, found the seams would tend to open and that happened a lot with the piano key borders of Ruffled Roses.

Your quilt is beautiful.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I have never thought to shorten my stitch when doing small blocks I have learned something. I found it particularly bad if I had to rip a seam out. Then redoing seams. I took an online class from Elizabeth Hartman once and she back stitch all the time. Of course I did not think of that class until after I was sewing the quilt together. I usually use a 2.5 stitch length.

Comment

I'm so glad I was able to finish this before the end of the year!
          I thought the design was busy enough without using the printed background fabric in the kit, so I bought a mottled background fabric and used the kit fabric for the back of the quilt.
          I used Quilter's Select Appli-Web Plus for all of the applique instead of turned edges or I would still be sewing! The raw edges were zigzagged with Superior's Monopoly.
          I quilted it myself on my HandiQuilter16 with a simple pantograph. I have put a label on every quilt that I've ever made and this was no exception, and I hope you will add information to your quilt too!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

So beautiful Margo—thanks for sharing!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

• Sawdust
              Sawdust commented
              Editing a comment
              Barbara. Are there any pictures of other quilting for this quilt? mine has been finished waiting to go to the quilter. Need ideas.

To Margo- WOW! Congratulations on reaching the 2020 TQS BOM finish line in 2020. You inspire. I appreciate you sharing overall quilting photo as I will be doing my own with overall pantograph. And your basket quilt was amazing, too.
            -Terri

Comment

First of all, Margo, you look beautiful and it is so wonderful to see a post from you. I still have many, many posts and tutorials saved on my computer from years ago that you shared with us on TQS. And your Afternoon Delight quilt is just beautiful as well. I'm finishing up my applique and will be ready to put it together very soon. I've enjoyed the journey with this BOM this year. Thank you for sharing with us!

Comment

My quilt top has been finished for a few weeks. My phone was giving me trouble with downloading but I was able to print and scan so the color isn't perfect but that's the best I can do for now. The close up picture did download so the coloring is better on it. I think it's time to do some quilting by check as I haven't made much progress this year on quilting.

My blocks are 4 1/2" and the finished top is about 49" x 59".

Comment

Annis, WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I love every thing about it. The horizontal layout of block, the square in a square border the size of blocks. It is my favorite of all the Afternoon
                  Delights. Like it even better than the one I am still working on. I too am using horizontal layout, and adding 9 patch flying geese block border. HelenW

Comment

Annis, I've been waiting for this one! Spectacular as usual.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Annis, Your quilt is amazing!!!

Judy

Comment

Margo,
                        The red is a beautiful choice.
                        Your quilting pattern is a perfect choice.
                        What batting did you use? The stitching shows so well.

Judy

Comment

Margo,
                          The red is a beautiful choice.
                          Your quilting pattern is a perfect choice.
                          What batting did you use? The stitching shows so well.

Judy

Comment

I, too, was at the unveiling of Afternoon Delight in Houston last year, and immediately committed to making it. I finished the top before Christmas! This isn't the best photo; my husband's arms weren't long enough, and the color isn't quite true.

It has been a pleasure seeing all the photos. Thanks, everyone. Have a safe New Year's week. I look forward to downloading next year's BOM. I will have to get a new printer if I plan on participating. Mine decided it was done.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 83 users online. 0 members and 83 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X