[vb_main_1]

modify quilt ruler

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

modify quilt ruler

I have some Olfa rulers where the yellow background makes them unusable to my old eyes. In the interest of frugality (I don't want to buy a bunch of new rulers) I would like to remove some of the markings. I tried nail polish remover, alcohol, without luck and am afraid to go further. Has anyone ever done this?

Santefecindy, I saw your request for ways to modify old ruler lines, I could not find anything online, but I did see where they advertise that new frosted rulers
    are easier on older eyes because there is not as much glare from lights on the ruler. I definitely understand not wanting to purchase a bunch of new ones.
    Is there a way to get a frosted effect on your current rulers? First things that come to mind the see thru type of stencil template material, or tracing paper, or
    parchment paper. Use double stick tape to tape it onto the bottom on the ruler. If you put it on the top you might blur the black lines. Maybe these ideas will
    spawn some new ideas in your head. Good Luck. HelenW
    I included a screenshot of the place I saw that frosted ruler help aging eyes see the lines better.

Comment

Also you can get a product called grip that makes your rulers grip like Quilter’s select or use washi tape to mark your cutting measurement especially when making several cuts the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=147564
        Santefecindy, I saw your request for ways to modify old ruler lines, I could not find anything online, but I did see where they advertise that new frosted rulers
        are easier on older eyes because there is not as much glare from lights on the ruler. I definitely understand not wanting to purchase a bunch of new ones.
        Is there a way to get a frosted effect on your current rulers? First things that come to mind the see thru type of stencil template material, or tracing paper, or
        parchment paper. Use double stick tape to tape it onto the bottom on the ruler. If you put it on the top you might blur the black lines. Maybe these ideas will
        spawn some new ideas in your head. Good Luck. HelenW
        I included a screenshot of the place I saw that frosted ruler help aging eyes see the lines better.
        That looks great.

Comment

thanks = good suggestions. My real problem is the density of markings and I was just hoping to remove some of them. I have since learned of new (non Olfa) rulers that meet my needs. Regards, and thanks.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X