[vb_main_1]

Applique woes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applique woes

I've just finished the side borders, am now attempting to dissolve the glue. I've let the borders soak for hours, and the glue softens but doesn't rinse out. Should I use soap? If I rub gently it does dissipate some. Will I have to hand massage the borders? Did anyone else have this issue? Thanks for your help. Kathy

I soaked the borders for less than a half hour in warm water and the glue came out. I used Quilters Select Fabric Glue pen.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I used the Sewline fabric glue pen, it says washable and soluble. Not so much, I guess! Soaked for several more hours, still glue in there. I'm making masks for the local hospital where I work now, so the glue spots will wait for later. Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by "kathyst2" post=147409
        I've just finished the side borders, am now attempting to dissolve the glue. I've let the borders soak for hours, and the glue softens but doesn't rinse out. Should I use soap? If I rub gently it does dissipate some. Will I have to hand massage the borders? Did anyone else have this issue? Thanks for your help. Kathy
        I had the same issue, and yep I did mostly the same. I also used a small rug to clear the edges afterward. That's it

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 78 users online. 0 members and 78 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X