Month 2 Correction Block 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 2 Correction Block 5

Block 5, the Square in a Square in a Square, needs a size correction:

Step 2, Unit B, will be 4.75" unfinished, not 4.5". Cut C squares 3" or larger for those half-square triangles.

I didn't catch this because I paper pieced these blocks so just cut everything bigger.

IF YOU ALREADY TRIMMED Unit B to 4.5", simply cut the D squares 4-4.5", add them and trim the finished block to 6.5". Your center square will "float" just a bit, no problem.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

I have already cut the fabric but not sewn it together yet. Should I recut?

North Alabama, USA

Comment

You can try using a narrow seam allowance first. If your block is 6.5" unfinished, you're fine. OR just recut the last triangles as I mentioned below, to get 6.5" unfinished block.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Help! I am having a terrible time trying to get this message written. Here goes, again:

I have made Block 5 using Edyta's instructions. It didn't not come out the correct size.
        I thought I would try your suggestions. I, do not, however, have the EQ software. I then
        have tried to draw this block on paper. I started with a 6-1/2" square on the paper. I decided
        to try and draw it working backwards. I have put dot on each line indicating the middle (which
        should be 3-1/4"). When you measure from say the West line to the South line (diagonally) it
        measures a lot more than 3-7/8" as indicated on the written instructions. Can you give me
        a clue as to how to draw this????? My husband and I are both stymied.
        Thanks so much for any suggestions you can give me!
        Lana

Comment

Draw a 6" square on paper. Working backwards is a good plan. Place the first line at 3" at the top and draw a diagonal to a 3" mark on the left side, then the 3" mark on the bottom and right sides. Keep going in from there. You need to remember you need a 1/4" seam allowance around the outside of the 6" square but the lines have to start and end at the edges of the 6" finished size of the block.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Thank you so much. My husband had thought that I should start with a 6" block and not a 6-1/2".
            I'm too exhausted to try this tonight, so will give it a go tomorrow! Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!!!

Comment

After completing step 2, I realized that there was not way these blocks would be 6.5" unfinished. I back calculated, and came up with the same numbers. I'm going to redo mine starting with a 3 1/4" square. After adding the triangles, the next square should measure 3 7/8". This will get you to the 4 3/4" needed to finally get 6 1/2" unfinished. I wish they would realize that if you are going to change the measurement in step 2, you need to go back to step one and make the first square bigger.

Comment

Hi,

I'm an original star member and a member for 2018 and 2019.

Is anyone else having trouble downloading and saving the revised block 2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Judy

Comment

Judy, I just checked on my desktop and my Ipad and had no trouble downloading Month 2 showing the revised Block 5. Are you still having trouble?

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Yes I am. I get a message blue sign that says LOGOUT.

I was able to update/download every other month.

I did send a request to customer service.

I am Logged IN. Any thoughts. Thank you for your response.

Judy

Comment

Judy, I'm sorry, I don't know what is causing that. You could try using another computer or asking a friend to use their computer, logging in as you, to see if they can download Month 2. That would at least let you know if the issue is at your computer or something else.

Customer service will also want to help you--hopefully, you'll hear from them soon--if not, please let me know here and I'll make sure they see this.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 34 users online. 0 members and 34 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X