[vb_main_1]

Quilting the Halo Medallion Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting the Halo Medallion Quilt

I finished my Halo Medallion Quilt. I used a tone on tone white fabric for the background. I am wondering about the color or type of fabric on the back and whether anyone has experience with a fat back. I have a long arm and will be attempting to quilt it. I have done only very limited custom work. I will post a picture soon. I bought a white 80/20 Batting to use. I realize I could have issues with the back showing through. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

radquilter, the white 80/20 batt should be good to prevent the light back from shadowing through to the front. I am going to quilt mine too, on my sit down long arm. On mine, only the curved flying geese background really needs custom, beautiful quilting, the rest won't show much quilting. First, I'll stitch in the ditch the entire quilt. then go back and add free motion designs and/or ruler work where appropriate. After some serious practice with extra curved flying geese blocks, I'll do those last. I will purchase a wide back soon so there are no seams on the back to worry about.

Good luck--we can do this!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara,
      Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I follow your blog as well as your helpful hints on this site. Thank you. Alice

Comment

Would you quilt in the ditch around every piece (like in the red saw tooth borders) or just the long border seams. How about the other borders?

Comment

Just the long borders to start. This stabilizes the quilt so I can free motion quilt in the piecing.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X