Error in Month 12 Cutting Instructions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in Month 12 Cutting Instructions

Hi Barbara,

Page 2 of the newest set of instructions tells us to cut 4 pieces measuring 40x48" for the outer border and binding from the dark green fabric (D). At first I thought we only needed one piece of that size but even one piece is considerably more than we need. Someone needs to double-check my work before publishing a correction to the instructions but I think we only need one piece of fabric of 30"x48". From that, we can cut eight 1.5 inch strips that are about 48 inches long as indicated on page 4. That leaves enough fabric to cut 8 strips of binding in whatever width we prefer (up to 2.5"). Personally, I'd cut my binding along the lengthwise grain rather than the width so I have fewer seams.

Becky

Becky, you are correct--it's ONE chunk of outer border/binding fabric--40" x 48" is what Sue calls for in the Month 1 fabric requirement lists. This gives you enough for the narrow outer border and binding strips cut up to 3" with a bit extra to spare. I'll let the folks know who post the pattern--maybe we can get that changed in the Month 12 pattern..

It simply doesn't occur to me to cut chunks of fabric like this--I determine what I need and cut it from what I have, since I'm using my own stash. I'll have to pay attention to those kinds of directions with the understanding some people cut exactly what the pattern calls for and if it's wrong, they don't know it until later. So sorry for the confusion.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

The Month 12 pattern has been fixed to say ONE chunk 40" x 48". If you have already printed the pattern just pen change your page 2.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Wow! That was quick turnaround!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X