[vb_main_1]

COLOR CHOICE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

COLOR CHOICE

There was something I couldn't place about this month's BOM. Then it hit me. The center is LIGHT! Yes, it is the focus fabric, but it is lighter than the surrounding piecing. After some searching I found a red semi-floral to replace the pale center square of month one. Jinny Beyer has taught that if the center of the quilt is light, it will look like there is a hole in it.

Nerak,
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that light fabric in the center generally isn't recommended? I struggle with fabric selection and am always looking for helpful hints.

Comment

Feel free to use any fabric you like in the center. With the kit fabrics, the overall feel of this quilt is "light". There is enough contrast in the center of the kit quilt for me. But if you prefer a darker center, that's perfectly OK too.

As we see more of these quilts coming together, you can get a good feel for what appeals to you. I always recommend quilters think about why a particular quilt appeals to them, for example, at a show or online. Is it the color, the size of print, the busy-ness or calmness of the piece, what is it about the quilt that speaks to you? I love quilts with lots of fabrics and complex piecing but sometimes a "modern" quiet piece stops me in my tracks. Learning what appeals to you the most is part of the process of quiltmaking.

Enjoy the journey.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 0 members and 30 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X