[vb_main_1]

Month 2 BOM 2017 The Halo Medallion Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "cmd77" post=140229
    I am working on my half square triangles. They are not straight before I take the papers off. Is this going to be a problem when I go to sew them on my block?
    Did you use steam in the iron? They look slightly warped. The floaters will help bring them into "square".

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I would also use steam on them & then "block them" by making them straight & then putting a weight on them and let sit like that for a few minutes. You should watch show 1602 with Sally Collins, she goes into detail about her method of ironing.

Comment

After setting my Halo Star block on point, my piece measures 25 1/4" square instead of 24 1/2". I don't know where the difference came from, because my center was 16 1/2" unfinished, border is 1/2" finished and I cut my setting triangles from 13 1/2" squares. Would it be correct to trim 3/8" off each side to get it down to 24 1/2" or do I adjust with the next border/floater?

Comment

Originally posted by "PBLBJL" post=140393
          After setting my Halo Star block on point, my piece measures 25 1/4" square instead of 24 1/2". I don't know where the difference came from, because my center was 16 1/2" unfinished, border is 1/2" finished and I cut my setting triangles from 13 1/2" squares. Would it be correct to trim 3/8" off each side to get it down to 24 1/2" or do I adjust with the next border/floater?
          ]
          I would wait for the next step. After you make the sawtooth borders you can still cut it down if you need to. It may be OK just the way it is.
          In checking your numbers, if the star was 16" finished and you added a 1/2" border, the center would be 17" finished so the triangles should have been cut from 13" squares, not 13.5". That would explain some of the extra size.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Thanks Barbara.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I seem to have stalled in month 2! Has everyone else finished theirs?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I'm almost finished with those triangles! The 1st block was so complicated and this one is so tedious!

Comment

I'm still working on month two also. I have the half square triangles half done.
                  Cindy

Comment

Just finished Month 1 so I am way behind. Not getting overly anxious and taking my time with beginning month 2. Month 1 came out at 16-1/4 even though my printer said my 1" square was spot on. After reading more comments on the forum decided to change print setting to 101% and it took care of that incorrect measurement. I will still be able to correct the size with floaters after watching Sue Garman's video. Wonderful instructions. Will continue to measure all of the paper pieces before stitching them in place.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X