[vb_main_1]

Questions regarding cutting the fabric

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions regarding cutting the fabric

I would like to know the cutting for the outer borders in green, original picture is in red, please explain to me. Thank you.

The introduction lists how much fabric you need for each month. No cutting measurements will be published before each month's instructions.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

The pattern gives yardage for each fabric. I think the original poster is asking whether the yardage is calculated for the quilt as it is sewn in the pattern or whether the yardage requirements given are for the quilt as it has been sewn. The floaters (borders) in Carolyn Hock's sample appear to be different than what is specified in the pattern. The first floater in the pattern is green while the sample quilt has the first floater made of red fabric. To make the quilt as shown on The Quilt Show, are there special cutting instructions or different yardage requirements?

Comment

I'm still a little confused about the original question. In the pattern there is a Red "border" around the Halo Star. The first "floaters" are Light Green, fabric G, and they are sewn on after the Focus Fabric large triangles have been sewn in place. Note: you will also be sewing the sawtooth borders BEFORE determining what size your floaters need to be. All of this information will be in Month 2. Carolyn's quilt, that she is standing in front of on the show information, has a red border around the Halo Star and light green floaters after the large triangles, just like the pattern.

If this is not what the question is, please clarify and I'll try to answer the question.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

My mistake. I thought the red border is referred to as a floater not a border. (I call all of these strips borders but in the pattern some are called borders and some are called floaters.) When I read the instructions, I saw the first floater was green and the "floater" around the star was red so the two seemed to be different. It's clear now. The red strips around the halo are called borders.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 289 users online. 0 members and 289 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X