[vb_main_1]

Saving fabric for Floaters

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving fabric for Floaters

In reviewing the fabric needed for each month it appears that the 'floaters' (narrow borders that appear throughout the quilt) must be pieced and are not cut as a single length. Is this the case? Should we be saving fabric the full length of the fabric pieces for the red, yellow and green 'floaters'.

I'm going to cut the fabrics however Sue's directions tell me to do it. She is such an expert; I doubt there's going to be a lot of waste, if that's what you're worried about.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

The July 2009 Sue Garman Video covers floaters. Sue recommends cutting floaters the length rather than the width of fabric (to reduce stretch).

She offers great ideas. She also demos how to adjust the floaters in the vent your medallion is not the exact size you expect. hmy:

Wendy

Alexandria, VA

Comment

For anyone using the same fabrics as in The Quilt Show kit, I'm wondering if there is enough fabric to re-create the quilt as made by Carolyn? The floater fabrics given in the pattern are not the same ones used by Carolyn Hock. I think she has used only three fabrics for floaters (solid green, red, and sunshine yellow) while the pattern calls for five or six different floater fabrics. Also, the fabrics are not in the same order. For example, the pattern has a green floater around the halo star while Carolyn Hock used a red one.

Comment

I had not noticed this. Would someone please answer this. Thanks.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X