[vb_main_1]

2017 BOM Halo Medallion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 BOM Halo Medallion

I'm putting together a small group locally to work on the Sue Garman 2017 Block of the Month. Here is the blog post I just did about it and here are my fabrics.

http://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2016/12/small-group-forming-and-why-you-should.html

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

I wished you lived closer, I would join your group, (always a better chance of getting something done if you are in a group)
    Nice fabrics...I really like the fact that you did a bunch of different whites, instead of 11 yards of 1 white

Comment

Barbara, your fabric selection looks fabulous. I'm always concerned about what a pattern will look like in different colors. Would like to see the BOM with a dark background fabric.Anyone have the EQ program to duplicate the pattern and change the colors?

Comment

I believe Annis provided an EQ pattern under the topic BOM to electronic (check back to November for the topic).

Wendy

Alexandria, VA

Comment

The blue, purple and green look so good together. Very pretty.
          And I like the idea of using a variety of fabrics for the white. That will add interest.

Love your choices, I'm sure the quilt will look incredible.

Barbara

Comment

Great fabrics! Love that you are having a local group meet together.

I just want to have a local group come to my house for a sewing day 1x a month. Need a fire lit under me to make it happen! :silly:
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
            Tired. 
            Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
            Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

People are really interested in having a small group--it just takes someone willing to get it started.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              North Alabama, USA
              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Yes... I'm sure I'll have several come. I I have a large living room and three 8' tables to offer. I have the plans... just haven't made the day! ha!

I've wondered how many would want to come on Tuesday,1/3, when everyone heads back to school & work but it is doubtful that would fly. .... they'd all be back to work! I'm off work until mid-January.
                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                Tired. 
                Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

I run a group in Bushey England which meets once a month in my home. Good fun, we learn from each other, swap fabrics and some make a block each month. I choose a topic each month to start the meeting and we have a show and tell. Please do not hesitate to start, print out the meeting dates and enjoy

Comment

Very pretty.

Comment

Barbara - thank you for your tips and tricks. I just finished my block today - whew! I was holding my breath a lot!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X