[vb_main_1]

February Borders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

February Borders

Help! I'm getting ready to cut the borders for February's block of the month. Should I cut them oversized, then cut them to the dimension shown on the chart 5 1/2" x 34 1/2" after appliqueing vine & flowers? This is My first post, I hope it shows up.
    Thanks

I'm bumping this back up to the top of the recent topics. I'm not making the 2015 BOM - can anyone help her here?

Kathy

Comment

I have not started the BOM but when I have to applique on borders I usually cut it a bit bigger and then trim to size after finishing the applique. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress and welcome to the forum. It is a wonderful place to hang out and get help with quilty questions.

Comment

I have finished the February borders. I did change the flower shape slightly - why is it that I cannot follow a pattern!
        In the meantime I had already started on the March border - and guess what - I am not doing hexagons but making up a daisy shape instead .. and I will be doing a star instead of a heart.

Comment

Your Feb finish looks wonderful!! I think it's wonderful to branch out into your own design!

Comment

TQQuilter,
            I like your version and the colors are luscious.
            Judy

Comment

Nolaquilter I have only just seen your question now. I assume by now that you have probably finished doing those border. But just in case you haven't... what I would do is to make them a little oversized - by maybe 1/2" to 1" but I would draw a line with your preferred marking tool at the specified width so that you don't go over it with your vines, leaves or flowers. I hope that helps.

Tqquilter, it's looking good. So much nicer to do your own version.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 0 members and 59 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X