[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Needleturn Appliqué

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question...this is a beautiful block of the month which I would like to try but I am not able to do a lot of handwork right now because of carpel tunnel problems. For those of you who have been working on it, do you think it would look okay with raw edge machine applique or would invisible machine applique be better? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Debbie and sorry to hear you are suffering with carpal tunnel. Yes this quilt would look just as well with raw edge appliqué or any other kind either. You should do whatever is easier on your hands.

Comment

Hi Debbie, I agree with Rita any type of applique would be great with this quilt!
        Barb

Comment

January and February done, woo-hoo!

I am making this as a surprise for a good friend who lives in a 1900 renovated schoolhouse out in the country. I am using my fabrics, close to Lynette's color way, but brighter I hope.

So far I have been using Ricky's Stable Stuff with glue for the applique, but just pressed the windows and door without any Stable Stuff - and then am hand-appliqueing everything. One of the things I want to learn during this BOM is needle-turn so am going to give that a shot with March maybe.

Is anyone else using the Perfect Stems? Oh my goodness, I LOVE this tool - no folded raw edges, so easy to manipulate and stitch.

Barb in Alabama

Comment

It's beautiful, Barb! You have a very lucky friend.

Comment

Barb, I like what you have done so far, it has a nice 'cleanness' to the colourway to it.

Comment

Barb, Very nice. I agree, lucky friend. I think you've succeeded quite well with the colors being similar but brighter than Lynnette's.

Comment

I agree very nice Barb!

Barb

Comment

Barb that looks just great. I particularly like the leaves on the trees, so much nicer! Well done and lucky friend. :cheer:

Comment

Nicely done Barb. I love the leaves.

Judy

Comment

Barb, very nice contrast of colors, especially the addition of polka dots with white--adds to the luminescence of the quilt and the background of the outer border where the applique' is done, looking like it has a bit of gray in the beige, adds to the brightness. Love it!

Comment

Lovely and fresh look

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X