[vb_main_1]

Quilting the quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting the quilt

I love the quilting that Janet did on her quilt and would like to reference it when quilting mine. Is there a close-up picture of the quilt to get some ideas?

Go to Zoom Quilts under the See Quilts tab at the top of the page. Search for Janet Stone and Ewe & Me is one of the quilts that pops up. With the 'zoom quilts' feature you get see the fine detail in the quilts.

Lorna

Comment

http://johnandrsn.jalbum.net/A-Z%20with%20Ewe%20-%20Me
      This may help It's John Andersons photo's.......close ups of all the blocks.

...I've finished the quilt top but haven't even marked the quilting on it yet as I am dreading it.
      Good luck
      Anne

Comment

I have FINALLY finished the quilt top and have had the sandwich basted so that I can quilt it. My question is, has anyone washed this quilt after finishing it completely? Does the blanket stitch around the letters, stars, etc. hold it together properly so the fabric stays in place? I followed the stitch size recommendations made during the construction. In quilting it, do I need to closely outline each letter and appliqued pieces? I used Ricky's Stable Stuff as well. Is there anything I need to know before beginning my machine quilting? This is the first machine appliqued quilt I have made and I want it to be very usable when my grandchildren visit.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X