[vb_main_1]

All about the glitz

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All about the glitz

I have seen your work. Lord knows you have an extensive supply of goodies for the end. I would like to have plenty of time to search and play. (spouses need not know). Some of your best kept secrets. I have been wanting to ask for a very long time. Thanks Deb
    Living Threads
    http://www.livingthreads.net

Originally posted by longarm1
    I have seen your work. Lord knows you have an extensive supply of goodies for the end. I would like to have plenty of time to search and play. (spouses need not know). Some of your best kept secrets. I have been wanting to ask for a very long time. Thanks Deb
    HA HA!! They're only secrets if you KEEP 'em! :lol: I LOVE embellishments, which, I guess, goes back to when I was a little kid and loved playing with my grandmothers costume jewelry. I thought they were all REAL diamonds! The best secrets I know, are to look in places you wouldn't think to look, and keep your eyes and mind open when you see things. The scrapbooking aisles in the big box stores have great "do-dads" as I like to call them. I've bought metal and plastic letters there that have gone on several quilts, as well as interesting ribbons. The stickers they have make great stencils too. I have used odd shaped paper clips found in the office supply section at Target, and of course, beads and baubles in the jewelry making departments of the hobby stores. I'm convinced you can find ANYTHING on Ebay! I do a lot of late night shopping there! As far as attaching anything, my best advice is to use Silamide, a very strong thread that beaders use. I get it from the YLI vendor at the major quilt shows, or you can probably order it online. The only trick to using Silamide, is to stretch it out with your hands before you use it. It is almost impossible to break. And I always sew my doo dads on after the quilt is quilted, so I can hide the threads in the quilting. Happy embellishing!!
    Back to Quilting!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X