No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Are you planning to upgrade to ELECTRIC QUILT 8?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you planning to upgrade to ELECTRIC QUILT 8?

ARE you planning to upgrade to EQ8 ??? I am undecided as I only use EQ to check value and color placement and fabric yardage.... the rest of the time I design on a design wall. I am tired of learning new software. Do you think it is worth it .

https://www.onpointquilter.com/electric-quilt-8-sneak-peek.html
    Webinar about the upgrades

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

I haven't decided yet, I've looked at the webinar but like you, I don't use it very often. Would like to hear what others are thinking,
    Pat

Comment

I'm thinking about it.... I do use EQ7. There are some types of quilts that are difficult if not impossible to design in EQ7, so if they could be done in version 8 that would be a selling point for me. I haven't been able to tell what the new version actually contains, I guess I should look closer. Kathy

Comment

Webinar goes thru all the changes and upgrades... that should help.

Comment

I just did. It was a very easy process. The download was seamless and it was easy to find and open any EQ7 projects. I've used this software since the beginning and love it. The company is very helpful should you have any problems. Now to find time to learn whatever is new!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "kathyst2" post=142505
            I'm thinking about it.... I do use EQ7. There are some types of quilts that are difficult if not impossible to design in EQ7, so if they could be done in version 8 that would be a selling point for me. I haven't been able to tell what the new version actually contains, I guess I should look closer. Kathy
            This is me, exactly. The introductory upgrade price only lasts so long, so I'm trying like mad to figure it out before the price increase, in case I decide I want it. So far, I can't see a lot of changes that make it worth the price, other than some nice tidbits on fabric estimates and stuff. The rest seems aimed at making it more user friendly for the stuff it already has, but not necessarily easier for doing things it can't already do, if that makes sense. At least, as far as I've read so far. I could be missing something though.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X