[vb_main_1]

A scant quarter andmachines

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A scant quarter andmachines

I got 790 Bernina when I had some extra money. I must say I like my 612 artista better. If you get the least amount of lints inthe new one it won’t sew. I am having a hair pullingtime gettinga scant 1/4 inch. I do have disabilities in arms. I have 1/4 foot with seam guide sitting tight against foot. I rip as much as I sew. I have been sewing 2018 block of the month. Working on block 14. THat is good for me. I think I might finish this one. Wish I had never bought the new one .To much money for me. I thought it might be easier to sew on. But don’t think it is for me. Thanks for letting me rant. I have been a member for many years and never mss a show and tried to learn just don’t talk enough.

Mojoegrammie, watch Show # 2308 with Susan Cleveland. She discusses the 1/4 inch foot for our modern machines and how the fabric does not feed properly. I started using her method of moving the needle and taping post-it notes to get the exact 1/4 inch. Now my fabric feeds as it should, AND I'm getting an exact 1/4 inch. I use this on my 35 year old Bernina, and my two year old Bernina 580. I'll bet you'll be pleased.

Comment

I have good success with Foot 97D, not Foot 57. See if your dealer will let you try 97D in the shop before you buy.

Nanapie offers an alternative solution you might like so try that too.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

You might find using a single hole foot plate helps

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X