[vb_main_1]

Wool Felt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wool Felt

I am looking for instructions on how to hand-dye small, colorful pieces of wool felt.
    I bought Wendy Williams' Round The Garden pattern. It has similarities to the 2021 BOM, but is made with about 30 different colors of wool felt for wool applique. Most are 5" x 10".
    I have a large piece of white wool felt that I would like to cut up and dye many different colors.
    I tested it for felting. I threw a small piece in the washing machine and then the dryer. It felted easily. It is not like dying cotton - It would be easy to felt and shrink it way too much. It needles beautifully, so I want to try to do this.

I tested dyeing a small piece of my wool felt in the microwave in a plastic bag, with cotton fiber-reactive dyes, citric acid and vinegar.
    It worked, but I used a smidgen of dye and got a pale watermelon color.

I bought a set of 4 Jacquard acid dyes and citric acid. I want to dye about 30 pieces of white wool felt, about 8"x 12" each, in a lot of different colors.
    I looked at the Jacquard website, Dharma and Pro-Chem websites. I found instructions for dyeing 1 pound of wool, but could not find instructions for dyeing the small pieces of wool that I need for applique.

Has anyone else tried to hand-dye small pieces of wool felt?
    Do you know of any good resources of information that might help?

Judy Austin

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X