[vb_main_1]

Flying Geese border

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Geese border

I am stepping out of my border box and trying a flying geese border. I love the look of it but now am questioning this. My question is, after it is quilted how will I keep the points when putting on the binding? Any advice will be much appreciated. I do not want to put on an outer border if I can help it.

bhungerford, I love flying geese borders. The easiest way not to cut off the side points on the binding is to float the geese. Do you know how to paper piece? It is so accurate
    and makes making the borders a breeze. To float the geese you can just take your paper foundation and draw a line about 1/8 inch in, so the point has more wiggle room. It looks
    like the colored block version. You piece it the same way. What size flying geese were you going to do? HelenW

Comment

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, mine are all made and sewn on. I'll definately save this info for the next one. Luckily, this is just a silly, fun quilt I'm making to keep myself busy. They are 2 1/2 x 4 1/2.

Comment

Originally posted by "bhungerford" post=150404
        Thank you so much! Unfortunately, mine are all made and sewn on. I'll definately save this info for the next one. Luckily, this is just a silly, fun quilt I'm making to keep myself busy. They are 2 1/2 x 4 1/2.
        bhungerford -

If you quilt around the flying geese, you will be able to see the seam lines on the back of the quilt. When applying the binding, you could sew with the back of the quilt on top so you don't cut off any points. When trimming the quilt, you will want to measure from the points, also, to make sure you have enough filling for the binding. If you don't quilt around the flying geese, you could stick a pin through each point and mark it on the back with a disappearing pen and use that to make sure that you don't lose the points.

Comment

This is so helpful. I will probably straight line quilt so will definitely do the pins and markings. Thank you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X