[vb_main_1]

How to quilt a Baltimore album quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to quilt a Baltimore album quilt

I am in the beginning stages of designing my first (and probably only) Baltimore album quilt. While it will be traditional in layout, the block designs will be a bit different from the usual. Does anyone out there who has made a Baltimore album quilt, or quilted one, have any suggestions on how best to quilt it? I will be using my domestic machine and would like to do more than stitch around the appliques. There may be a sashing; there will probably be two borders - one small and one large. I would appreciate any advice from those who have already done this. Thanks.

I haven't made one but enjoy seeing them. I had a look on line and there seems to be cross hatching on a lot of them and feathers in borders and sashing areas. There's a whole page of them on Pinterest but I can't get a link for you.

How's the design going. Are you making it personal for yourself?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks, Wendy. I kind of figured I'd need to do some cross-hatching at least. Good idea about checking out Pimterest.

Comment

Robin, You might want to take a look at Sue Garman's blog. She does it on a monthly basis, and it is chock-full of wonderful pictures. This link: http://suegarman.blogspot.com/2015_04_01_archive.html will take you to a recent one with lots of close-up pics towards the end of the blog which may be helpful to you. Sue's blog is one of the things I most look forward to at the first of every month....lots of discussion, useful critiques, and occasionally a tutorial thrown in. Hope this helps! Nancy

Comment

Thanks, Nancy. I've read Sue's blog occasionally and your advice is spot-on. She has designed so many beautiful quilts.

Comment

Robin - thanks for asking the question!
            Barb :-)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 375 users online. 0 members and 375 guests.

Most users ever online was 378 at 04:18 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X