[vb_main_1]

sandwich a quilt with Vlizeline ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sandwich a quilt with Vlizeline ?

I am busy doing a quilt queen size for a friend in Canada.
    Dut to a very expensive shipping cost and other reasons, I decided to sandwich the quilt with vlizeline. (may be it is a local word) so it is what you put in a belt of a trousers for example or the strip on the shoulder of a bag. (the inside of it, it is light, while (there is black as well) and you can iron it or sew it.
    I didnt start o quilt the quilt, I wonder if any body tired it before, thanks for the answer, looking forward!!!

I am thinking that your 'Vlizeline' is what I would refer to as 'Vilene' and possibly what the Americans refer to as 'pellon?' To be honest you could probably use anything you like as the middle layer, in times past people did. If I am right about the Dutch/English translation, I don't see any problem with it, just it will be a very flat quilt and depending upon the thickness/ type of it (especially if you use the heavy weight one, it might be a bit of a stiff handle, instead of drapey. Other than that I would suggest that the sew in would work better than the iron on, because trying to fuse a queen size quilt evenly, in it's entirety, sounds to me like a complete nightmare. I have had trouble just trying to fuse jacket fronts in the past and will avoid fusing/using iron-on stiffener for any large pieces, because of it getting bubbles at some point or another.

Comment

This is correct this is the stuff that I am using. I do sandwich it on sharon schamber method, so it is little bit easier ( I do spray it before I sew it together on sandwiching process).

Another small question, I saw on Patsy videos that you divide your quilt to 4 for quilting easier my question is if I do have a medallion quilt do I use the same method?

Comment

I don't see why not. When I have quilted bed quilts I work from the centre to the right hand side. That way I have the minimum amount possible going through the harp of the machine. I would start by putting in the main background lines across the whole quilt and then go back and put in further detail.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X