[vb_main_1]

Removing glue stick

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing glue stick

I used a washable glue stick on a very good quality of linen. Now every time I iron my project it keeps popping up.
    I have washed it with gentle soap. It goes away. I iron it and it comes right back (purple) HELP!!!!!!

Alexandria, VA

Hi quilterba and welcome to the forum. I am wondering if the glue was a fabric glue? I have found that some glues do not go away, and it's always on a very pale coloured fabric that it is noticeable. I have no suggestion for a fix but maybe somebody else does. Do you have much of the project done with the glue or could you start again?

Comment

Oh, I never heard of that. What brand was it?

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I've used a number of glue sticks, both white and purple, brand-name and store-brand...my only criterion being that it said "washable."

I don't know how you washed out your glue stick, but this is my method. After my applique is complete, I soak the block in a big bowl of water for about 2 hours. If I'm in the vicinity, I give it a squeeze now and then, and maybe change the water if it's looking cloudy. Then, I air-dry the piece before pressing it. I've never had any of the glue show up again after treating it this way. Hope this is helpful.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 82 users online. 0 members and 82 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X