[vb_main_1]

english paper piecing thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

english paper piecing thread

I have become addicted to english paper piecing and have started making a hexagon quilt. I have been using both Superior Bottom Line thread and Deco Bob for the whip stitching, both of which are very nice and blend well. My question is that I have heard that you should not use polyester thread if you are going to iron it. I have been ironing my sections as they are completed and haven't had a problem so far. But I am concerned that the thread will fall apart if I continue to iron it over time. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I admit that I have had trouble with cheap polyester thread disappearing whilst ironing (I was using it for basting clothes) But I have never had any problems with Superior's Bottom line and I tend to iron hot. Check out Bob's information video's posts about their threads at Superior, that should help to put your mind at rest.

Comment

I iron hot with huge amounts of steam and have never had any problem with a polyester thread. I don't think it's a problem unless, like Rosemary says, you use a very cheap or very old thread. But you wouldn't want to use a cheap or old cotton thread, either, because it might handle the iron, but wouldn't handle wear and tear.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X