[vb_main_1]

Ideas for Quilt Guild Demos

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Quilt Guild Demos

I have been asked to do a Demo for my Quilting Guild.
    Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thanks
    Laynie

Hi Laynie, and welcome to the forum. I like your partner - even if he is a little wooden! :lol: Is there something you are particularly good at that you can demo or is this just something your guild makes everybody have a turn at?

Comment

Welcome to TQS Laynie! My grandson would want to move in with you just to be close to Woody!

Comment

Everyone gets a turn and I am an intermediate quilter.

Comment

Hi Laynie and welcome to the Forum! One thing that comes to mind would be to do a demo on how to do a piped binding, very popular, not terribly difficult and something many would like to be able to do. Just one thought. Another might be to demo how to cut and piece a pineapple quilt, they're a lot of fun to make.

Comment

Is there a piece of your work that's been particularly admired. I'd search for the show on here that demonstrates the technique you used then demonstrate that one

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

How about one-seam flying geese. Ricky demonstrated how to do this.

Comment

There is a very hot topic at the moment disappearing 4 patch, 9 patch, pinwill, and hour glass - you can see those videos by youtube at missouri star company.

or methods like inklingo, weaving strips for a block, to do a totes or a bag in different methods.

good luck dear.

Comment

Missouri Star Quilt Co also has one called Serendipity. You end up with two quilts when you are finished. I am going to do this one. I have the fabric, but have not started it yet.

Comment

I think fussy cutting and stack&whack would be good demos.

Comment

I am a program co-chairman for our guild. Here are programs that were successful: Christmas gift ideas (potholders, purses, bags, ornaments, placemats, table toppers....members can bring what has been successful); paperpieced hexagons,
                      yo-yos, importance of correct needles and thread types, caring for your sewing machine, favorite notions and tools, sewing the accurate 1/4" seam, ways to sew half square triangles (there are many), embellishment ideas, borders and variations, quilt labels, making a hanging sleeve. Fat quarter projects are popular. There are many blogs with ideas...sign up on Facebook with Mark Lipinski or Martingale Press, or fabric manufacturers to find more ideas than you can use.

Comment

Not a demo idea, but if you are ever stuck for a speaker, this is a fun idea. A long time member of my guild told me that they once had several members' husbands get up and give humorous talks about what it was like being married to a quilter. Wish I had been there, worth a repeat. I should ask the current program person to have some men lined up as a back up (occasionally speakers have to cancel on short notice).

Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 86 users online. 0 members and 86 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X