[vb_main_1]

Citra Solv

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citra Solv

I can not find Citra Solv for transferring a laser printer design in Sweden. Does anybody know of another brand that can be used?
    Is Citra Solv a washing-up detergent or what is it?

Hope somebody can help.
    Kindly Ann-Mari

Hi Ann-Mari, I just googled it and found this on Amazon.co.uk. It seems that the liquid form that Jane was using should be okay but the spray bottle version is not so good for humans or the environment. I hope that helps.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_8sl2eixfm7_b

Comment

I though Jane said the spray wasn't strong enough, or was I dreaming? I just got some copies from our local UPS/copy shop. They couldn't tell me if it was "carbon toner", but the machines use toner. I ordered the CtraSolv Amazon US

Comment

Well, my Citra-Solve came today. I anxiously tried out the process. It's a dud, but it smells good. I was able to get am image on pdf cotton by running it through my Epson printer, which has Durabrite ink. It's supposed to be permanent & washable, but I think I'd stick with projects that don't get washed.

I put masking tape along the bottom of the fabric attached to freezer paper to get it to feed through the printer.

If anyone has luck with a certain brand of copier, please pass that information along.

Comment

Sue, I don't understand where the printer comes in. Maybe I should watch the show again, but as I saw it it was a transferring process without the use of a printer.

I print photos on fabric with my Epson with DuraBrite ink and it works fine. I mostly use the fabric prepared for printing.

Please clarify your way of doing it

living in Central Denmark
          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Norma, I'm sure I'm printing the same way you are. I can't get a big piece of fabric using a printer. I just have to keep looking for a copier that uses the right kind of toner. There are YouTubes about it, and CitraSolv even has a section of their website for artists, but it's all a rehash of the same processs...find the right toner.

Comment

Norma where do you get your PFD fabric? Maybe you told me already and I have forgotten, if so apologies for asking again.

Comment

Rita, I don't think we have talked about that. I get them from a quilt shop in Denmark, but it is the EQ Printable fabric sheets, I use. I looked at Amazon UK and they have different brands of printable fabric sheets, so you can look there

Comment

Oh of course Norma I use the printable fabric sheets too. For some reason I thought you were referring to PFD fabric like the Dharma Trading Co. do, as in yardage.

Comment

Don't forget the 'Man from Rio' http://www.riodesigns.co.uk/ or the Egyptian cotton from http://www.empressmills.co.uk/ this is what I used for the WotRott labels I made. I usually buy the 1/2 kilo bundle of pieces, but they also do large pieces & yardage... You will be able to see them at FoQ (well definitely Empress Mills)

Comment

I really look forward to meeting those shops. I like the Egyptian Cotton from Empress Mills for several things. If I use PFD fabric I prepare the fabric with Bubble Jet Set 2000. I have never used the rinse product mentioned in this link:
                      http://www.dharmatrading.com/transfe...set-rinse.html

I just soak it in water after 30 minutes.

I have bought quite a lot from this shop:

http://www.fabricandart.com/fabric_for_dyeing.html

The riodesign is one that I don't know about. Looks interesting, so thank you Rosemary for that link

Comment

Hi Norma,
                        I have just been on the ...Fabricandart website and what fabulous fabric they have but it would probably cost an arm and a leg to ship to UK, hey ho I'll just have to wait until the FOQ Birmingham.
                        Anne

Comment

Hi everyone,

I wrote to Jane regarding everyone's comments about her process. Here is what she had to pass along. Hope this helps.

TWO key issues:

1. You’ve got to have the version of Citrosolv I had (Concentrated Formula) and not the spray bottle diluted version. That’s pretty straight forward.
                          2. Second issue a bit harder to navigate. The COPY MUST be a carbon toner copy. many copy shop machines are no longer toner based. I don’t know what the technology is but it isn’t carbon. Laser printers use carbon as far as what I have been told so those work. Older copiers work - I have a Canon photocopier/scanner, fax and it’s great. And it’s not that old - new in 2012.

I have actually gone into Office Max and explained what I needed to the manager - yes I usually get bumped up because no one knows what to do - and the manager is always very agreeable to making me copies to try at home.
                          Brother makes a copier/printer that works. canon still works as far as I know.

SO the key is experimentation but folks who are asking about this have to be willing to find out whether the copier/printer they use is carbon based (OR NOT) in order to ensure success.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 77 users online. 0 members and 77 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X