Convergence Quilts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radquilter
    Originally posted by Lorna1021
    I love it when all the ideas flow and a plan comes together!

Can't wait to see the results!

Lorna
    I appreciate the help and encouragement from all of you! Thank you!
    As Lorna hinted, we do require payment! You must post pictures when you are finished so we can enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Comment

Can anyone remember which show he demonstrated this on? (feeling lazy and thought I would ask... :P )

Comment

Show 303, at the beginning before Laura Wasilowski.

Comment

Thanks! Now to try & find the time to rewatch it, been picking up overtime this week, which has been cutting into my TQS time :roll: Still the extra dosh will come in handy for Loch Lomond 8)

Comment

Well, Rosemary, Ricky's segment is only 13 minutes long.

Is Loch Lomond where the Chinese Whispers quilt will be? Side track...I'm listening to a GREAT book called Outlander, awesome listen, that takes place with a bit of time travel (thanks to Scottish magic) in the 1700's around Inverness. Quilts, kilts, and tapestries, oh my. Had to look at Google maps for a geography lesson.

Comment

Yes that is when the CW quilts will be unveiled. I've also read the book Outlander - although it has a different title over here, but I remember something about it haveing a different title in the US. As I recall the main Scots hero is called Jamie Fraser. There are actually several books in the series, but it is several years since I read them.

Comment

I just looked it up and it was called 'Cross Stitch' on this side of the Atlantic. It won a RITA award! (Apparently that's a Romance fiction award.)

Comment

Does that mean that you are a romatic figment of our imaginations? :lol:

Comment

Oh Lordy, I hope it is weak on the romance side, as in the vomit-ee- too- much -sex- side. I was wondering during the first half hour, but it seems good now. I was thinking it's more historical/sci-fi/fantasy.

Comment

Yep! The whole thing's a fiction.

Comment

I used variegated thread that "matched" the hand dye colours - or most of them. I quilted one following the cut lines sort of in echo style and on another I designed a specific drawing to realize in quilting.

Jeanine

Comment

Originally posted by suehenyon

Is Loch Lomond where the Chinese Whispers quilt will be? Side track...I'm listening to a GREAT book called Outlander, awesome listen, that takes place with a bit of time travel (thanks to Scottish magic) in the 1700's around Inverness. Quilts, kilts, and tapestries, oh my. Had to look at Google maps for a geography lesson.
                          Susan, I have read the entire "Outlander" series. I am eagerly awaiting the next one. Amazing books.

Comment

Originally posted by suehenyon

I love, love, love the whole Outlander series! It was fun last summer to visit the places in the books -- Culloden, Inverness, Fort William, Loch Ness, etc. We traveled up there with my daughter and her family. She's the one who turned me on to the book series. Can't wait for the next book to come out! This summer I think... In fact in 2011, my first year over here, when I visited my first stone circle, I wrote to her and told her no tingling felt.

Lorna

Comment

Yes, Lorna, those were the kind of books you miss when they end. I am sure the content would appeal to quilter's. I loved the details regarding skills of daily living, knowledge of medicinal herbs and learning/remembering some history lessons. I would expect you would find the storyline particularly appealing because the heroine who crossed over back in time was a physician. I am thinking that if they are all audible they'd be great to revisit while machine quilting.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus
                                I used variegated thread that "matched" the hand dye colours - or most of them. I quilted one following the cut lines sort of in echo style and on another I designed a specific drawing to realize in quilting.

Jeanine
                                I found a variegated thread that does match the colors in the hand dyed fabric I used and seems to blend with the other fabrics as well as helping to blend the black fabric with the others. I have seem some convergence quilts where a specific drawing was placed in the quilting but my challenge fabric is a random styled stripe so I could not come up with a drawing that worked with that. I found one convergence with an owl in flight stitched across the quilt which was exquisite and another stitched with leaves on it where some of the fabrics were roses. Beautiful. I found a simple quilting pattern that will give some texture to the piece and I hope that does the trick. Thank you for your input.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 109 users online. 0 members and 109 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X