[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

To stabilize or not to stabilize fused applique

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since SAS II is no longer available...at least for a while, I did find a fusible that is very good. It is not as repositionable as SAS, but it is soft and works well. It is called Fusi-Bond Lite Adhesive from Sew Lazy by Lazy Girl Designs. I was able to purchase it by the yard at http://www.sewthankful.com and the price, even with shipping was very reasonable. I ordered five yards at $2.89 each and the shipping was only $3.99.

I had also purchased the Pellon EZ Steam fusible at JoAnns and it was disgusting. I bought several packages (when notions were 1/2 price) thinking it would be similar to SAS, but it wasn't even close. It is supposed to be machine friendly, but my needle gunked up with ever stitch. I wanted to trace my design on the cover paper, but the paper was so slick not even a Sharpie would work. I returned all of it and did buy Wonder Under, which was better.

However, I still recommend the Fusi-Bond over the Wonder Under and I will be using it on my BOM since there is no SAS II left in the world.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

I ony heavy starch the background and always works for me

Taree NSW - Australia
      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 116 users online. 0 members and 116 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X