[vb_main_1]

cleaning fusible glue from iron plate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning fusible glue from iron plate

I have read several sources that recommend using fabric softener dryer sheets to get the fusible gunk off the iron plate, but there seems to be some conflicting recommendations about whether to use the dryer sheets "new" or "used". Can someone confirm which I should use?

I believe it is used. I have tried this but it doesn't work if the iron is really bad. If you make a paste with baking soda and vinegar and rub it on using a dryer sheet wrapped around some batting and scrub this onto the iron it will eventually come off and be shiny and new looking. You might have to give it a couple of tries but it will work eventually. Hope that helps.

Comment

I never tried Rita's method, but I have had considerable and not too difficult success using Rowenta's iron cleaning kit. i get mine from Amazon.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I use Rowenta cleaner too, which works like a charm, but Rita's idea certainly gets the non-chemical, homemade inexpensive remedy award. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks, Rita!

Comment

I keep a new dryer sheet sandwiched in some fabric and run my iron over that to clean it. But I've never gotten much fusible on my iron so don't know if it works for large amounts.

Nancy

Comment

Well, I have never had a lot of fusible on my iron either because as soon as I realize I have done it I use the USED fabric softener sheet. I once used a new one and the wax or whatever is in the fabric softener sheet left a mark on my pressing board so now I make sure it is used. Hope that help but like Margo says: there are lots of different ways to do things--mine is not necessarily the best way for everyone, just me and that doesn't keep me from trying other's way to do thing.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X