Batting of Choice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batting of Choice

Hi all,
    I'm getting ready to load my quit top on my longarm. This is going to be for a husband and wife's king size bed cover. She loves the top and her biggest fear is how to care for it....dry-clean, wash??
    So before I quilt this top I thought I'd ask you quilters what your batting of choice is that gives the least amount of shrinkage when cleaned.
    I've always used Hobb's 80/20 and when I washed it the quilt definitely looses that smooth flat appearance it originally had but to me that's just added character to the quilt but that may not be everyones view...LOL
    Oh yah, and yes, the top was made with a good quality Kaufman cotton fabric...
    Appreciate any suggestions.
    Barb

I think polyester wadding does not shrink. Personally, I like a bed quilt to look a little 'used'. Was the fabric pre-washed? If not, then the top (and backing) may shrink a bit when washed.
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I like 80/20 for bed quilts, and I give it a good steaming. Steam is almost as good at shrinking as washing. I have had very good result of not having it shrink after a good steaming, though it may depend on the brand, the weather, or the day. Please post a pic of your finished quilt.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X