[vb_main_1]

black wool batting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

black wool batting

I recently used wool batting in a quilt and really liked it. In the course of a year I usually make several black, or very dark, based quilts, so I have been looking for black wool batting, and can't find it anywhere. Do any of you know where I might be able to order it from? I have so far looked at all my usual places...Hancock's of Paducah, equilter, G Street Fabrics, and so on. I think my next quilt will need it, but I could do the white wool bat on top and the black 80/20 bat on the back, since I am planning on double-batting it. I think that will be ok, but would be nice to find black wool batting.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

I love wool batting and use Quilters Dream brand. Hobbs Legacy Wool is also very nice. The only other wool batting that I know if is Matilda's Own but it is uncommon in the US (made in Austrailia I think). To my knowledge, there is no black wool batting though.

Double batting with the black 80/20 or with QD Midnight Poly and using the wool on top would be lovely.

Comment

Thanks Michelle. I think it must not be available.

Comment

Unless you know someone with black sheep and you card out your own, like they used to do it, back in the day :wink:

Comment

Rosemary, I can't think of a single black sheep in the family.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Not that you are admitting to anyway :wink:
            I guess you lucked out there then.

Comment

ROFL

Comment

Or you could try googling spinner's supplies....

Comment

Well, Rosemary, just for fun I did google spinning supplies. I could easily get hooked on spinning and weaving--another place to spend more money--but I think I'll just use white batting (aka wadding) for my quilts and write to the manufacturers and tell them they need to make a black wool batting. Maybe if we all wrote to them they'd listen. LOL

Comment

If it's wool could you not dye it. Or what I would do - colour any threads that come through with a sharpie

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wendy, I think I will do the colour the threads with markers method. Thanks. Perhaps they won't come through.

Comment

Please use a Micron Pigma pen or other fabric marker instead of a Sharpie Marker. The ink in those pens has a lot of acid (can't you smell it?) and over time will damage the fabric and thread.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                          Please use a Micron Pigma pen or other fabric marker instead of a Sharpie Marker. The ink in those pens has a lot of acid (can't you smell it?) and over time will damage the fabric and thread.
                          :lol: :lol: :lol:

living in Central Denmark
                          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X