[vb_main_1]

Question...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question...

Is there any way to add a scent to a quilt? Such as the smell of baby powder or baby lotion? The quilt won't be washed after delivery.

Would tumbling the quilt in a dryer with a fabric softener sheet work? Do they make them in "baby powder" scent? (I don't use fabric softener, so I'm speaking out of complete ignorance here :roll: )

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

And be careful that the person receiving the quilt doesn't have problem with different scents. They may decide to wash the quilt to get rid of the smell and if the quilt shouldn't be washed, this could be a problem. I am one of those people who get severe headaches from scents.

Comment

I guess there's no real practical way to do this. I'm making a memory quilt for a mother who lost her baby to SIDS. I was thinking I might be able to incorporate the scent of baby lotion or shampoo in a way to make it linger for a while. Just can't figure out how to do it.
        Thanx for the input ladies!

Comment

The only way I can think of to add scent is to attach a small sachet to the quilt after it's all done. Just a fabric sachet - perhaps drawstring with a little zippered or velcroed inner muslin bag filled with baby powder. But it might leak out!

Comment

Or--put a powder scented fabric softener sheet in the package if you are mailing. Or--if it is not quilted, put one in with the batting and quilt it in.

Comment

i didnt do small of babies but when i give a quillow to someone, i spray it with my perfume,
              not that close to the quilt, but on the air around the quilt, so the quilt gets it from the air.
              i never had a problem of stains with it.

another thing that might be useful,
              i didnt try it with quilts,
              when i buy tissues for when i am cold etc. i put them in a draw
              with (i dont know the name is english) - it is a long stick with powder that you need to burn
              and it gives nice smell to the room, (most of the time it comes from india),
              so i put it in its package! not loose - there is no powder any where,
              in short while all the tissues (are in their package'as well) smells with this great smell.

Comment

Originally posted by beckyezra
                i didnt do small of babies but when i give a quillow to someone, i spray it with my perfume,
                not that close to the quilt, but on the air around the quilt, so the quilt gets it from the air.
                i never had a problem of stains with it.

another thing that might be useful,
                i didnt try it with quilts,
                when i buy tissues for when i am cold etc. i put them in a draw
                with (i dont know the name is english) - it is a long stick with powder that you need to burn
                and it gives nice smell to the room, (most of the time it comes from india),
                so i put it in its package! not loose - there is no powder any where,
                in short while all the tissues (are in their package'as well) smells with this great smell.

(I think that Becky is referring to incense.)

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

yes i do, sorry it seems i am off from the question, sorry again!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 108 users online. 0 members and 108 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X