[vb_main_1]

Embellishing a Crazy Quilt block

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embellishing a Crazy Quilt block

I am planning on submitting a Crazy quilt block to a block competition. I have not started embellishing because I am concerned about how those assembling the blocks into a quilt will go about quilting the block if all the seams are embellished and if this would affect my chances in the competition? I do know that the assembled quilt top will be hand quilted by Mennonite volunteers.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

I am not an expert on this but I do a lot of embroidery that I incorporate on quilts. I think for hand quilting the embellishment will be fine. I do know that embellishments such as beads drive the machine quilters crazy so I never add those until the machine quilting is done but a hand quilter should be able to work around it and crazy quilts are usually highly embroidered or embellished so that must be the way it is done. Just my humble opinion which with fifty cents won't get me a cup of coffee!!!! LOL Hugs, Ann

Comment

Thanks for that, I agree with your observation that a crazy quilt block is all about the embellisment.

Di

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X