[vb_main_1]

FMQ Foot for Husqvarna Emerald 118

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMQ Foot for Husqvarna Emerald 118

Since there was no mention of a freemotion quilting foot for my friend's Husqvarna Emerald 118 in the manual or included with her machine, I tried FMQ without a foot with the feed dogs lowered and it skipped stitches. :?: I went online to the Husqvarna Viking official website and under accessories for this model there is no darning or FMQ foot listed. At Amazon.com there is a Husqvarna FMQ foot available. Does anyone know if this foot or any other foot is compatible with this machine to FMQ? Also, do you know if this machine is low shank? I've never known how to determine that :?

Dear Jane, I just went online to have a look for low shank presser feet and came upon this website with images of the different feet.

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sew...sser-feet.aspx

I could be wrong about this but I think you should be able to get a generic darning foot (you will need to make sure it is the one that suites your low or high shank machine) and use that. You don't have to drop the feed dogs to do FMQ. Most older machines, and some new ones, have a plastic squarish cover that you can put over the feed dogs that helps.

Comment

Hi Jane - I don't know anything about the feet, but if you can't find a foot you could also try hooping your quilt and doing FMQ without a foot. That should hold the quilt down like a foot would and maybe avoid the skipped stitches. Just a thought.

Nancy

Comment

Hi JaneAnne,
        I have a Husqvarna 118 and I have a free motion foot that I bought at "The Festival of Quilts UK" 2 years ago.
        I have looked on the net and found the same foot at http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com they are based in San Marcos Ca phone800-401-8151
        they advertise a foot number 4130376-46
        $58.99
        You can see a picture of this foot at http://www.joanne-threadhead.blogspot.co.uk type in free motion foot in the top left hand corner scroll down to the third picture
        I don't use the foot very often but it is useful to have.
        Good luck let me know how you get on. A not very good picture of the foot
        Anne

Comment

Thank you all so much for your help! Jenna was able to find the foot on e-bay now that we know what to look for--thanks Anne. Finally I know how to tell a low shank from a high shank--thanks Rita and Nancy it's good to have the idea of a hoop in the wings just in case. What a magical experience tapping the wisdom of the quilt universe!!
          Great sleuthing friends,
          Jane

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X