[vb_main_1]

Curved borders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curved borders

I recall a video that shared insights on making a beautiful curved border using an applique' technique. I can't find the video or photo of the quilt. Is anyone's memory better than mine and remember the video? Any recommendations for other ideas on curved borders ?

Hi there SewCalGal, Margo will be along in a flash with the answer in a whirl and dissapear in a puff of thread.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but Vikki Pignatelli used a curved border technique in Ep. 102 which I thought was pretty brilliant. I think Ricky did one too with his 'Chantel' mini quilt but I don't remember which show that was, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        I don't know if this is what you are looking for but Vikki Pignatelli used a curved border technique in Ep. 102 which I thought was pretty brilliant. I think Ricky did one too with his 'Chantel' mini quilt but I don't remember which show that was, sorry.
        Vicki adds curved borders and also put a "facing" on the back of her quilt shown at minute 36:00
        http://watch/watch-shows/video/show-...-of-the-spirit

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo, just HOW do you do your magic?? !! Oh, I know, a bit of TQS Fairy Dust and whole lotta sweetness!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. So far, I've not yet found the video that I'm thinking of. It was an episode that was more artsy than traditional quilting. The quilt had straight outer edges, but the inner border was free-hand waves and the border was probably glued down to the center quilt (wall hanging/art quilt). I do remember bright corners and their was tips on how to miter the corners on this wave effect border. I'm going thru Ricky's videos, but mentally I don't think it was Ricky that shared this technique. I'm pretty sure it was a female and a well known art quilter.

This so makes me wish there was a technique index in the Quilt Show. But then, I may be next to announce I have Alzheimers.

Comment

Laura Wasilowski showed how she does it in the classes section. learn/classrooms/[/url]

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Maybe it was Louisa Smith. It is in the 4th series but I don't remember the number. Maybe you have done this already but if you go to the show list info there is a little bit about each show - maybe something there will spark a memory.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 168 users online. 0 members and 168 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X