[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

English Paper Piecing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lotti, yes I've played with the pattern maker a few times already, it is wonderful fun and a great free tool too.

I found my V&A catelogue - nearly all of the inlaid wool coverlets were made by tailors (not that surprising they had the easiest access to the heavy wools) and at least one is reported to be double sided.

I also went through my latest book 'Quilt Treasures' which I got when I joined the Quilter's Guild and found an interesting unfinished coverlet that I really likeit has a great combination of shapes...... not sure if I will go quite this large, actually since it is intended for competitions, I might keep it small enough to go onto my large frame, which can take up to 54"........ I need to check out whether the (dress) pattern making paper I have will be stiff enough for the job (I have a large roll 30" wide)....... AND I OUGHT TO BE FINISHING Caught Red Handed FIRST!!!!!

Comment

I saw that episode where Alex was teaching the hexagon piecing, but now I can't find which Episode it was in! Does anyone remember where it might be? Also, both she and Ricky have demonstrated so many great techniques, I was wondering if there is an index of these ideas somewhere, or if one should be created?

Comment

Alex shows english paper piecing on show #1111. Hope that helps :-)

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Originally posted by quiltwhinny
          I saw that episode where Alex was teaching the hexagon piecing, but now I can't find which Episode it was in! Does anyone remember where it might be? Also, both she and Ricky have demonstrated so many great techniques, I was wondering if there is an index of these ideas somewhere, or if one should be created?
          I know that someone has created an index, I think I even took a copy, but I am blowed if I can remember where I put it, it is in a safe place somewhere :roll: If you're lucky Margo will remember where to look and will let on :wink:

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

A comprehensive list of subjects is on the "to-do" list for ARJJ.

Until then, if you will start at page 1 of this forum topic, there are several references to different shows where Alex demos different techniques. Hopefully, one of them is the one you are looking for.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

You may be thinking of this list they posted when offering some shows free last year. It's not as specific but at least gives some help.
              /
              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I think you might mean this list created by me

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117199/TQS_Show_INDEKS.doc

I stopped updating it a year ago, but you could download it and update it yourself and put you own words for finding subjects in it

living in Central Denmark
                Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Karen and Norma, thank you so much! Tose links are both great resources to find the little details of each episode.

Comment

Zara I saved your list and have used it a number of times, but I could not think of who had done it to say thanks for this, so thanks for all the time it would have taken you you

Taree NSW - Australia
                    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Patchworkjill
                      Zara I saved your list and have used it a number of times, but I could not think of who had done it to say thanks for this, so thanks for all the time it would have taken you you
                      You're so welcome. I did it for myself and thought I could add to the community with my list. So many others contribute to this site and I learn a lot to be a member.
                      I'm glad you find it useful

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X