[vb_main_1]

copy right

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy right

OK, silly me -- I purchased some Micky Mouse children's hankies to put into a baby quilt. Now am seeing each has "copyright Walt Disney Productions" is small print on each. This should prevent me from pursuing my plans as I was planning to sell it, right? But can I create it and give as a gift?

I would imagine that you could use them and make a gift because they are for personal use. I know I would.

Comment

I think that means that you cannot reproduce the designs themselves. Once in the quilt, you could sell it. I think probably all fabric or other art is 'copyrighted', and we would never be able to sell anything if what you are saying is true.

I'd just go ahead and enjoy. Hope we see a picture of it before it goes.

Comment

You can use it for personal use, but I don't think you can sell anything you make with it without permission from Disney. Mickey Mouse differs from regular fabrics because it is a trademarked image. At least that's my understanding. But I'm not a lawyer, I'm a software engineer, so take it for what it's worth.

Nancy

Comment

Thank you for your answer to my question re: Walt Disney, etc. Thankfully I have not yet sewed the items I had in mind. I am convinced by the answers I received that some good teaching/learning in this area by the professionals would be appropriate. From tidbits I recall some instructors giving about similar, I bend toward my being unable to use them, unless only for personal use. Again, thank you for your input.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X