[vb_main_1]

quilting on photograph block

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilting on photograph block

I've made a rectangular wall hanging that the centers of the blocks are about 8" square. I feel that they need some quilting in them, but one is a photo and I don't know how quilting will look on it even with invisible thread. Thoughts????

probably would need to do the photo blocks by hand. My thought would use the quilting to accent the photo itself. Perhaps the invisible thread to trace the major components of photo? Not knowing what the photo is, can't suggest specifics, but hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing - I printed another copy of the photo to experiment and liked how that turned out. Here's a photo of what I did

Comment

Typically, 8" is too large an area to leave unquilted. For photos, use invisible thread or a color that matches the areas to be quilted. I like to stitch along outlines of shapes in the picture, such as around the head, or along the background or horizon lines. Follow the shapes as if they were line drawings... Just a few lines will be needed. Stay off of faces, just go around the major shapes so you have stitching approx 3"- 4"apart.

Clear as mud?

Comment

Looking great

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X