[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

machine quilting ideas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marilyn - I, too, think that would be wonderful quilting for this quilt! Enjoy the Rainbows thread! Like Rita, I'm a big fan!

Nancy

Comment

Rita...Isn't that fabric terrific !? Nancy..I've used it one 1 other quilt and had great luck.
      Now just to decide which one when they get here.

Comment

I love this quilt! I think black thread would be great for quilting it. It looks like the squares are fairly small, so you would probably want a small quilt pattern whatever you decide on.

Comment

Marilyn, I just stumbled onto this topic (thread, whatever you call it - lol) and I just love, love, love your quilt. Have you quilted it yet? And if so, how do you like the end result. I've wondered about quilting things from the back myself.

Comment

Just to catch up here...I did do some quilting on this quilt ....did a sample from
            the back but found I wasn't happy with the look on the top...the pattern just didn't
            fit ! So worked up a plan on the top as usual and is better, I think. Then big Bernie
            balked and had to go the the shop...Chinese Whispers intervened...now maybe I can
            get back to it ! Will post when I can get it finished. :roll: :roll:

Comment

looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

You'll have so much time on your hands now :lol:

Like your new pic

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Looking forward to see it quilted too Marilyn! It is a beautiful top and sure will turn out awesome when quilted Now that you've pass "the hot potato" to me, you probably will have it done in no time. No pressure

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Are you finished yet Marilyn?... Are you finished yet Marilyn?.... Are you finished yet Marilyn?... :lol:

Comment

Energizer bunny took a left ! Yesterday..all day...no sewing ! Packing up the Christmas decorations, dusting and other
                      chores ! Spoke too soon about freezing up ! Water in the "old" house/studio playroom DH's wood shop frozen ! Hole in
                      the floor opens and heat lamp on ! Stock in power company rising !! -14 F this am. Maybe today ! :lol:

Comment

I think there are pipes freezing all over the place out west this year. Brr....COOOLLLLDDDD! Stay warm.

Comment

Thank the stars I'm seeing blue sky for the first time in weeks! I just watched the latest show yesterday and think I have a new favorite style for quilting bed quilts. I hope all that straight line stitching doesn't get too boring, I'll have to keep the audiobooks and music blasting, but wow, what a way to finish a quilt!

Comment

Great colours and quilt!!! What about something organic in nature to cut back on the right angles of all the squares - variegated or even metallic thread.

Jeanine in snowy Nova Scotia

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 391 users online. 0 members and 391 guests.

Most users ever online was 393 at 04:20 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X