[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How to quilt a largish face?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becky, what Sharon Schamber site are you with? I was with the Network, but they no longer respond? Your post is current so you must have access I don't have to something.
    Lynn

Comment

Finally, I have completed the quilt except for stitching down the binding on the back and I'm going to do that tonight. I named her "Irene's Easter Parade" because I saw that hat came out looking like an Easter bonnet :lol: and the butterflies and flowers almost seemed like a parade. Irene was my paternal grandmother who passed away before I was born. I just posted a picture of her finished face in my blog: http://blog.bjfabricartist.com/

In the midst of my concern over how to fix this, I wrote to Hollis Chatelaine and asked her advice. She responded so nicely, suggesting heavy contour quilting and to use this as a learning experience about washing quilts before I finish all the quilting. I appreciated that. One thing I have learned is that even the rock stars of our quilting world respond when you ask for help. I hope someday to get to take one of her workshops.

Now, I can get back to my other projects and so forth. I guess I should probably clean the house a bit. :?

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I just took a look at Irene's Easter Parade on your blog. You certainly saved the day. It is beautiful!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

And for those of you who haven't seen her 'other' goings on, just take a trip thru Betty Jo's blog! Fun is what this quilter is having! Great work, Betty Jo.
          Lynn

Comment

Thank you! I love having people pay me a visit on my blog and website and leave a comment here and there. I am absolutely loving this part of my life, thank the Lord.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Originally posted by Sewdreamy
              In the midst of my concern over how to fix this, I wrote to Hollis Chatelaine and asked her advice. She responded so nicely, suggesting heavy contour quilting and to use this as a learning experience about washing quilts before I finish all the quilting. I appreciated that. One thing I have learned is that even the rock stars of our quilting world respond when you ask for help. I hope someday to get to take one of her workshops.
              Although it has been years since I had a class with Hollis, I'm sure that you would enjoy it. Yes, I totally agree that the quilt rock stars are quick to respond when help is sought. We are fortunate and blessed.

Coast of South Carolina USA
              Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Betty Jo, "Irene" is beautiful. My materal grandmother died when my mother was only 10 years old. I think of her often. How wonderful that you have honored her memory in this lovely way. Lois

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 345 users online. 0 members and 345 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X