[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Breaking Thread while FMQ

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just FYI, I bet Bob and crew are at HMQS this week. I hope he sees your inquiry soon, I am curious to know what he says. Where in NJ will you be? I grew up in Union County and still have relatives there. Enjoy your visit and safe travels!

Comment

Sorry I could not be of more help, Lois . I just FMQ'd two ten inch squares with my wavy King Tut and used the same thread in the bobbin to see what would happen and experienced no breakage. Of course, my King Tut was a #910 Bulrushes, a completely different color, therefore, a different lot than yours--so, if the thread is indeed the problem, my little experiment is irrelevant to your problem. I will be very interested in what Bob has to say because I have had a couple of "wavy" reels already so breakage might just be a matter of time for me... Up until now, when I have experienced thread breakage, after going through the TNT (thread, needle, tension) mantra, I have switched from a topstitch needle to a universal needle, usually with good results. In the meantime, I am really happy that your new reel of King Tut is working for you. Have a great (it's sunny!) weekend with your family!
      Renata

Comment

I, too, have spools that look like that and I don't know if the recent problem I had with trying to use if for FMQ was because of that or not. I will wait and see what you hear from Bob. Safe journeys.

Comment

Hello Again, Bob, was Johnny-on-the-spot with a reply. I think he already knew about the problem. I don't think he's read this thread. This is what he said.

Lois,

I've seen a few of these and think it is due to the winding. We talked to our winding factory and hopefully have resolved it. It seems that it started out winding too loose and toward the middle or end of the wind, the pressure from the outside caused the loosely-wound thread to crimp. Regardless of the cause, it is a bad wind and we will replace the thread. Is it color #947?
          Please e-mail your address and we will send a replacement on Monday.

Bob Purcell

If you are having difficulty with the wavy thread I suggest you let them know. It is not suppose to be that way. Sounds as if there must be quite a bit of the poorly wound stuff out there.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. Nice to know they will do something to solve it.

living in Central Denmark
            Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Great ! Now we know what to do ! Thanks, Lois !

Comment

Now that is what I call proper service! Great that you will get a replacement Lois - but a shame that you couldn't finish the quilt in time for your trip. Oh well, it's probably better to finish the quilt without the time pressure. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Comment

Thanks, Lois, for posting Bob's reply. That was quick and good to know! Renata

Comment

Thank you Lois for letting us know this. I will keep my eye out for any spools that look like this --- now I know what to do about them!

Comment

Thanks from me too. I have a reel of King Tut that is doing that, if I have problems with it breaking (which It isn't so far) it is good to know that Superior threads have a 'Superior Service' too.

Comment

DR. BOB ROCKS!!! This is only one reason that most of my thread collection is SUPERIOR thread!!!f

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                          DR. BOB ROCKS!!! This is only one reason that most of my thread collection is SUPERIOR thread!!!f
                          I go with Margo here. Once you have tried it, you don't want anything else in your machine.

living in Central Denmark
                          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 343 users online. 0 members and 343 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X