[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How to use a piece of my mom's needlework

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicki, quilt or pillowcase, as long as it's being enjoyed! It is too beautiful to take out occasionally and enjoy. You really did a wonderful job with it. Cindy Needham's episode and website are a great help to folks wanting to breathe new air into a cherished heirloom, especially for those in need of ideas, techniques and who really want to honor relations no longer with us and bring their memory forward into time.

Comment

I agree 100%. We tend to lock our pretty, sentimental stuff away!

Comment

I absolutely love working heirloom items. Cindy Needham is a wonderful inspiration. I'll download her book. Thanks! I love art quilts, I love heirloom sewing, I love restoring or re-purposing beautiful needlework. Since I "retired" my mind is just so full of ideas I think I'll have to live to at least 100 to do them and I keep getting new ideas all along. I am very excited about incorporating the beautiful unfinished needlework pieces my mother left me into some kind of wall art. Of course, I now am beginning to need more wall space to show my creations and find more friends who like that sort of thing for their walls. :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Hey, who needs wallpaper when you have quilts?

Comment

And quilts are better insulation, too!!!! (grin)

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: Indeed!

Comment

Total agreement !! You should see my house !

Comment

I am thrilled to say that Cindy Needham posted my little pillowcase quilt on her blog tonight.
                  google: cindy needham blog to view the article
                  I am honored and excited!
                  I thoroughly enjoyed making this little quilt.
                  I love it when quilters discover new ways to create their treasures.
                  I have the next 3 just bouncing around in my head!!!!
                  VC

Comment

Vicki, how very cool!! Way to go!

Comment

Congratulations Vicky. I really enjoyed your article on Cindy's blog. So cool. 8)

Did those naked Barbie dolls have tatty hair? If so they were my daughters. All Barbie dolls ended up naked wit mussed up hair in our house. I think it was because the clothes were too difficult to get back on, because no matter how many different outfits we bought for Barbie she still ended up naked. When she got a little older she would replace Barbie's head with Kens'. :lol:

Comment

I bet they were yours! They are named with ratty hair.
                        But the bigger question should be- where the heck is Ken???

Comment

Reetzbobeetz.... Check out Cindy needham's blog...your comment is on there!!!!

Comment

I spare you the details, Rita, but there is a very popular demonstration that one of our Science teachers does occasionally and it involves exploding a Barbie Doll. It's impressive and really funny.
                            From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Oh Vicky that is too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Lorchen
                              I spare you the details, Rita, but there is a very popular demonstration that one of our Science teachers does occasionally and it involves exploding a Barbie Doll. It's impressive and really funny.
                              :lol: :lol: :lol: Barbie, she entertains in so many ways!

Comment

From yahoo today - some of the random stuff they put out there when you visit the website.

Surprising things you can wash in your dishwasher . . .
                                Action figures and other small toys can ride in a mesh lingerie bag on the top rack (but don't wash Barbie or she'll have a horrible hair day).

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 232 users online. 0 members and 232 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X