Air travel with a quilt project

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotti that quilt is beautiful.

Comment

Lotti...Your strip quilt is just beautiful ! Thanks for explaining it a bit further. I was wondering if all layers were sewn at
      one time. I think I have some idea of how blocks are joined. I'll be anxious to see how the pineapple goes along. :roll: :roll:
      Have a good trip and a Happy New Year !!

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
        Lotti...Your strip quilt is just beautiful ! Thanks for explaining it a bit further. I was wondering if all layers were sewn at
        one time. I think I have some idea of how blocks are joined. I'll be anxious to see how the pineapple goes along. :roll: :roll:
        Have a good trip and a Happy New Year !!

Marilyn, I don't know how Lotti is planning to join her blocks but here is a good tutorial for QAYG:
        http://www.thequiltingedge.com/p/tutorials.html
        Lesson #5 shows how she joins the blocks.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks,Margo ! Very interesting site...her QAYG methods are very similar to what I'm acquainted
          with ! Been a long time since I tried it ! Have a Happy New Year !

Comment

I have taken knitting and knitting needles crochet hooks and a darning type needle for finishing. The only thing they ever took were my good scissors.

I bought a pair of the tiny folding ones (cheap) and they haven't ever taken them away. I take them through security in a plastic bag with my other finishing tools inside of a pencil case.
            Good Luck!

Comment

I now travel frequently with small scissors, preferring the little folding ones.
              When the TSA people were even more particular, I carried fingernail clippers (the kind without the swing-out pointy file). Those pass inspection without any difficulty. I have also used a dental floss holder (with the edge made for cutting the floss) and the pendant-style antique thread cutter. Needles are no problem at all.
              Happy travelilng!

Comment

update on travelling with scissors:

flew to dubai last friday (zurich-dubai): they saw and checked the little childrens' craft scissors i had with me
                commented but let me take them with me, only said that i should keep them separate so that they could see them immediately to check the size...

yesterday i few home (dubai-zurich): i put them in my liquids baggie - for the first time in years they did not want to see the liquids baggie separately - actually tossing that back into my purse to go through the machine. but afterwards searched through to find the scissors - saying that NO SCISSORS ALLOWED - no matter what size / type / rounded or not, etc. etc. no regulation citation - or showing printout helps - they have their own "personal" regulations at each individual check-point...
                so - make sure whatever you have with you - is small - is CHEAP - is easily replaced!!!
                going places - make sure you have a second pair of scissors in your suitcase!

& they NEVER noticed my little pink foldup scissors - so i was good to sew on the plane (with my sewing on the go project i need to cut the fabric strips to size as i go... thread is much easier - for that one can use a safety-letter-opener, a dental floss case (cutter), ones teeth - although that doesn't give a good result to thread needles...

one thing is for certain - if i ever see my little foldups in a shop again i'll stock up - they're awfully difficult to find if they're dropped between the seats in a fully booked airplane, on the train, whatnot (i KNOW)

Comment

Thanks for the update about Dubai- I will be travelling in and out of there soon.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 201 users online. 0 members and 201 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X