[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Blocking a quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Rita, you were very lucky Lorchen. My maternal grandmother lived in another city and we didn't see her much. My paternal grandmother still lives in my hometown, she's 90 something, we think, she's never told her real age. She's never been a grandmotherly type, at least to my siblings and me. On the other hand, I have the greatest Great Aunt, she's always been like a mom to my mom and like a second mom to me. From her I learned crosstitch, sewing, cooking, etc. I keep praying she sticks around for a long time. Carmelita, that's her name, is in her late 80s and in good health for the most part. We have this awesome "connection". She's always known what's going on in my life through her dreams. She met my daughter in her dreams before I knew I was pregnant. When I told her the good news she said "oh yeah, you're having a girl. She has been coming to chat with me, in my dreams, for a couple of weeks." After DD was born she said "Yes, this the girl tha's been visiting in my dreams"

I'm sure you'll be an awesome grandmother Rita! I hope I can be one too if I'm still around. Got a late start having my kids so will be a long while, I hope, before grand kids show up. Trying to take good care of myself so I can be healthy and strong in my golden years :wink:

Comment

My parents were only children, and I'm an only child, so my family has always been very small and I grew up without other children around. So, being a grandmother is quite out of my comfort zone, and came as a surprise after my son and daughter-in-law had been together for about seven years already. But fortunately I'm normally very relaxed, and all I do is give my family as much time as possible and lots of love, without demanding anything from them. It's amazing how much you get back. So far it's been working just fine.

Rita, Limbania, things will happen or won't. Just make the best of 'now'.
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
        My parents were only children, and I'm an only child, so my family has always been very small and I grew up without other children around. So, being a grandmother is quite out of my comfort zone, and came as a surprise after my son and daughter-in-law had been together for about seven years already. But fortunately I'm normally very relaxed, and all I do is give my family as much time as possible and lots of love, without demanding anything from them. It's amazing how much you get back. So far it's been working just fine.

Rita, Limbania, things will happen or won't. Just make the best of 'now'.
        This is great advice, thank you Lorchen
        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 228 users online. 0 members and 228 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X