No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How do you machine sew a look-a-like hand stitch?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you machine sew a look-a-like hand stitch?

I'm going to repeat myself here, because I really need an answer. I won't even mention my machine at this time. If you were going to make a stitch on your sewing machine, and make it look like hand sewing, how would you do it? I vagely remember this topic a while back and I remember the use of a clear thread in the bobbin? the top? And, I know all of the settings (tension, etc.) are important. Help, please.

Dawn,
    In beautiful Northwest Montana

The way I get that effect is clear thread and a tighter tension on the top. The bobbin thread pulls
    up and gives you the illusion of hand stitching. Not sure how study the sewing is, but if you're only going for
    decorative, it will work.

Comment

Thanks Judy!! You ARE super!! I did not get exactly what I was expecting, but I did get something even better! I put Mono-poly in the top and a bright color in the bobbin (so I could see the stitch that I would really be getting), used my triple stretch stitch, tightened the top tension, and got a fairly good, nice and even, dotted line. This will work! I can buzz through a nice but simple quilt now, and have it finished in time for Christmas! Thanks again!!!!!

Dawn
      In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 263 users online. 0 members and 263 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X