[vb_main_1]

Quilting Room Organizing Ideas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Room Organizing Ideas

I haven't posted any questions here, please be patient! I am in the process of having a quilting room finished in my home and I would love feedback about organizing. I have several shelves and cubbies, my contractor has completed a sewing table, ironing board(large size rectangle), cutting surface and a design wall. What have you done to make your space more useful and organized? I have several drawers and I would like use small plastic bins, etc. to help sort things out and keep everything separated, ideas? I am also having contractor design thread spool holder. Thanks in advance!

ImwithRosey, if you will check the TQS Daily Blog for Sept 19, you will see lots of good ideas!

http://daily-blog/107-just-for-fun/1...r-trying-to-be

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo is right! Lots and lots of ideas. But, one that has never been mentioned is having two comfortable chairs (or extra love seat if there is room and you have one). This is great for when you have a friend stop by, a family member, or a couple come for dinner. I find they always want to see what I'm working on, and at some point we just sit in my studio and chat a while. (They guys have usually wandered off to the deck or garage for "guy talk.") It also encourages my DH to come in and linger a while, as opposed to just standing in the door way.

Dawn
      In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Alex has a fantastic studio - check that out. Also, Carol Taylor - easily the best I've ever seen. (Her quilts ain't that bad, either!) Lastly, Eleanor Burns has a great video out on how to construct things such as design walls and sewing tables. What a great opportunity - make sure you have light light light.

Comment

Oh, man! I've got a serious case of studio envy!! :shock: I work in a basement with no windows, so this really makes me jealous!

http://www.caroltaylorquilts.com/

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I appreciate all the suggestions. The room is coming along quite nicely, I think I have incorporated the ideas you have mentioned. Now all I have to do is think about small item storage! My Builder guy is so good about trying to invent things that are perfectly suited for me and my needs, it has been great. I think it is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I want to make the best of it! It actually has been very amusing to see the reactions from him as he has been doing things- he has no experience with a quilter! He has already humorously commented that he is going to use this "experience" for other building projects and act like he knows everything about making a room for quilters. He is a young guy and does beautiful work, so I'm sure it will come up again sometime in his career.
            Thanks again everyone.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 181 users online. 0 members and 181 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X