[vb_main_1]

Shadow trapunto

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow trapunto

I've just seen a site where the quilter did some amazing quilts using what she called "shadow trapunto". Has anyone done anything like this and can you direct me to some tutorials showing the processes. The quilts looks as if they are basically a patterned fabric, however, the section that is trapunto is white. I cannot figure how this happens. I have done trapunto a feel times where a section is just raised or stuffed, but not where it is a differnt color.

living in Central Denmark
    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Geta's quilt studio (I think she's even a member of TQS). Love her! http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you, this is the site where I saw the quilts originally. What I cannot find is how she does the shadow trapunto. On one page she states that she will post a tutorial, but I don't see if that has been done. Would anyone happen to know her TQS name?

Comment

She does have tutorials - just look back at old posts. I did a search for members with the first name "Geta" - she's GetaG on TQS. She's very giving and shows ALL of her techniques. That's all the help I'll give!!

Comment

I think I may have figured it out. Tell me if I am correct. Is the trapunto done on a sheer fabric and then quilted onto the fabric of the quilt? I could not find a tutorial on this application on Geta's site, however, I did see mention of an e-book but not how to get it.

Comment

I am SURE Geta would be delighted to direct you to her tutorial. Email her!! She's a great artist and generous teacher.

Comment

Geta has an e-book for sale that teaches her shadow trapunto method. BRAVO TO HER!! I bought it a while ago. Then you just download it to your computer. Fantastic. Well, that's all I gotta say about that! Email Geta.

Comment

What a talented lady...and I only had time to check a few pages!! Thanks for sharing this site. Its bookmarked and will check it out more thoroughly over the weekend. Sandi in FL

Comment

I love Geta's quilts! You might also want to check out Karen McTavish's books: http://www.designerquilts.com/products.html

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Dear friends,

I am so glad you like my shadow trapunto quilts. Here you can see some of them:
                    http://picasaweb.google.com/shadow.t...rapuntoQuilts#

Here's the technique I use to make them:
                    The first layer of the quilt is organza(or a sheer fabric) and the motifs underneath it are made of batting.
                    The motifs are stitched with water soluble thread and after stitching I cut away the batting around them.
                    Under these two layers there are the three layers usually used in a quilt.
                    After the sandwich is made, the trapunto motifs are stitched for the second time and the background is quilted as well.

I hope this helps you.
                    My ebook is not currently available for selling.

All the best,
                    Geta Grama
                    Romania
                    My blog:
                    http://www.cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Wow, Geta your trapunto quilts are gorgeous!!!! I viewed all your quilts on Picasa and was very impressed. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing!

Woodbury, Minnesota, USA
                      Longarm quilter - Gammill Classic Pro

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 86 users online. 0 members and 86 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X